Cancer care has come a long way in recent years, with an exponential increase in our understanding of the disease that has led to new treatment options for hundreds of cancer subtypes. Through ongoing research and clinical trials, this knowledge continues to expand each day.
Yet only 20% of cancer cases are treated at National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated cancer centers, specialized hospitals like City of Hope where the focus is on developing new and improved approaches to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
City of Hope founded AccessHope™ to extend our world-class cancer expertise to more people across the country.
AccessHope democratizes cancer support by remotely exporting renowned expertise from City of Hope and other NCI-designated comprehensive cancer centers to U.S. employers, their employees with cancer and these employees' local oncologists as an employer-sponsored cancer benefit.
AccessHope takes a team approach with the covered employees' treating oncologists to help these local doctors get their patients on the right course of treatment early on for the best possible outcomes. Instead of requiring those living with cancer to physically go to a cancer center, AccessHope enables them to stay close to home with their family and friends — helping them navigate the cancer journey wherever that might be.
A troubling gap exists between cancer treatment and cancer outcomes based on genetic, behavioral, environmental, physical, medical and social determinants of health. AccessHope is bringing the vast expertise of NCI-designated comprehensive cancer centers to people with cancer health disparities in underserved populations for greater health equity nationwide.
See AccessHope in the News
- AccessHope and Emory Healthcare Announce Collaboration, Extending Access to Cancer Expertise in the Southeastern United States and Beyond
- AccessHope and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Announce Foundational Partnership to Extend Access to World-Renowned Cancer Expertise Across the United States
- Democratizing access to cancer care with AccessHope
- Reimagining Cancer Care Delivery — and Serving Employers Through AccessHope
- Robert Stone: City of Hope aims to transform cancer care nationally through new models, partnerships