Using our expertise in numerous diseases, as well as an array of world-class technologies and services, City of Hope cares for patients from prevention through treatment, from screening through rehabilitation and survivorship.
The radiation oncology program at the main campus in Duarte, California, has earned APEx accreditation, the highest level of certification offered by the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
Helford Clinical Research Hospital (inpatient)
With its superior technologies, soaring atriums and dramatic mountain views, City of Hope’s Helford Hospital integrates the best of science and humanity in one state-of-the-art clinical research facility. Here, excellent clinical care and lifesaving research join forces as multidisciplinary teams of medical professionals pool their knowledge to bring promising therapies to patients quickly and safely.
Inpatient information — What patient and families need to know
Geri & Richard Brawerman Ambulatory Center
Outpatient services for cancer patients, along with treatment for other chronic illnesses, are provided in the Brawerman Center. In a facility adjacent to our hospital, we address the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the people in our care.
Please Note: Hematologic Clinic Relocations
Effective Monday, May 1, 2023, several hematology clinics will relocate to the lower level or first floor (1B or 1C) in the Brawerman Center.
- John Baird, M.D., Elizabeth Budde, M.D., Ph.D., Alexey Danilov, M.D., Ph.D., James Godfrey, M.D., Alex Herrera, M.D., Avyakta Kallam, M.D., Swetha Kambhampati, M.D., Larry Kwak, M.D., Ph.D., Alexandra Levine, M.D., M.A.C.P., Matthew Mei, M.D., Tycel Phillips, M.D.,
- Leslie Popplewell, M.D., Christiane Querfeld, M.D., Ph.D., Steven Rosen, M.D., Geoffrey Shouse, D.O., Ph.D., Tanya Siddiqi, M.D., and Jasmine Zain, M.D.
- Graft-versus-host disease clinic
- Kaiser Permanente bone marrow transplant team: Ricardo Spielberger, M.D., Firoozeh Sahebi, M.D., Ji-Lian Cai, M.D., Ph.D., Joshua Mansour, M.D., and Leonardo Farol, M.D. (except Wednesday mornings)
First Floor (1B)
- Joseph Alvarnas, M.D., Brian Ball, M.D., Ryotaro Nakamura, M.D., Salman Otoukesh, M.S., and Karamjeet Singh Sandhu, M.D.
- Kaiser Permanente bone marrow transplant team (Wednesday mornings only)
First Floor (1C)
- Scott Goldsmith, M.D., Myo Htut, M.D., Murali Janakiram, M.D., M.S., and Nitya Nathwani, M.D.
Michael Amini Transfusion Medicine Center
A recognized leader in apheresis, donor matching and marrow transplants, City of Hope’s Amini Center is one of the largest hospital-based donor centers in the country. Here, in a safe and caring environment, families, friends and generous members of the community donate blood and platelets. Outpatient services at the Amini Center also include a day hospital for bone marrow transplant patients and outpatient surgery.
The Women’s Center integrates plastic surgery and breast and gynecological cancer work with related services like imaging and genetic counseling. By assembling a large multidisciplinary team in one place, we are able to deliver truly coordinated care in a way that is convenient for our patients.
Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center
The Biller Resource Center provides a warm and welcoming space where patients, families and caregivers can access the resources, education and support they need to strengthen and empower themselves, before, during and after treatment.
Judy & Bernard Briskin Hope Village
In keeping with our mission to care for the whole person — physically and emotionally — City of Hope is one of the few cancer centers in the country to offer patients and their caregivers temporary, on-site housing in a comfortable, home-like setting.
Sometimes cancer cannot be cured, despite the best efforts. The ability to spend one's last days in a comforting home-like setting and to die with dignity is the inspiration behind City of Hope’s Village Hospice. In fully equipped apartments that open out to meditative gardens, patients and their families can be together — quietly, peacefully — close to their medical care team, yet in a place all their own.
Clinical trials — research studies that involve volunteer patients — are a crucial component to developing new, more effective treatments that save lives. Many of today’s standard therapies are based on the results of previous trials, some of which were initiated at City of Hope.