Health and Travel Recommendations
What Can I Do to Protect My Health?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends the following preventive actions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings.
- Wear a clean cloth mask every day.
- Wash cloth masks after each use.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.